Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question. Contact information will be removed, but your name will be displayed if you provide it.

Top Categories
tax private camper ford insurance

How can I change a van to private use?

How can I change a van to private use?

Hi, I have a commercial van that was taxed at €333 by the previous owner. My Insurance is for social and domestic use as I do not have a VAT number to tax at commercial rates. I'm not sure if I can tax it myself as a goods vehicle. Can I change over to pay the higher rate of tax at €710 without having to modify my van?

Filed under van tax rates - Asked by - Sat, 17 Feb, 2024

Answered by: Dave Humphreys - Complete Van Advisor - @lordhumphreys


You can change the tax classification at your local motor tax office by completing an RF111 Change of Particulars form. You should not need to make any other modifications to the van.